At Peasedown St John Primary School, we use the Thrive Approach to support our pupils' emotional development. Developed over the past 25 years, Thrive is a leading provider of tools and training to support the social and emotional development of children and young people.
We use a whole school Thrive approach to support all the children in our school, as well as using the online assessment tool to profile individual children who need further support.
Thrive Resources for Parents and Carers
There are a number of free Thrive resources available to parents and carers. The Thrive Online Parent Toolkit is specially designed for parents with children aged 4 to 11 years.
The parent toolkit provides:
• Information and an animation explaining the different, age-related stages of a child’s social and emotional development
• Short films showing two families sharing the impact this knowledge of Thrive has had on them
• Hints and tips for looking after yourselves
• Carefully selected, age-appropriate strategies and activities for you to try with your children at home
• A facility for you to expand and personalise the toolkit for you and your children
Click on the link to register for the Parent toolkit, or download some of the activities below