Our mini-police cadets have learned some basic life-saving techniques.
They learnt a few simple steps that could save someone’s life. The main message was that it is important to always do something and call 999 for help.
- Look for danger
- Shake and shout….if the casualty does not respond, shout for help!
- Check if they are breathing. Do this by watching their chest for movement and feeling for air from their nose.
- If they are breathing, put them in the recovery position and call 999.
- When you call 999, stay on the line. They will help you.
- Start CPR: HARD and FAST!
- Keep going until someone arrives who can take over.